Every Business Should Have an Exit Plan
It’s no surprise that business exit strategy is often overlooked until the last minute. Whether you’re getting ready to launch your dream start-up or knee-deep in daily operations, the last thing you’re thinking about is the day it all comes to an end. But when that day does come, you’ll want it to have all been worth it, and that’s why you need to start planning your exit from the beginning.
An exit strategy is a key element of any business plan. It will help you maximise the value and minimise the pain of closing down your business.
In fact, a well-planned exit doesn’t just set you up for the day you sell-up or retire. By designing your business around maximising the exit price, you’re effectively implementing value and profit boosting strategies that can start benefitting your business today.
"To begin with the end in mind means to start with a clear understanding of your destination. It means to know where you're going so that you better understand where you are now and so that the steps you take are always in the right direction." - Stephen Covey
How Pretium Solutions Can Help Plan a Successful Exit
Pretium Solutions can assist with building an exit strategy into your overall business plan that aligns with your financial and personal goals and ensures you reap the maximum reward off the back of your hard work.
No matter what stage of life your business is in, we can step in as expert exit strategists. We’ll help you create a plan that:
- Assesses your business in its current state to uncover where improvements can be made to achieve greater profitability and sale value
- Examines the various options available for exiting and the range of possible outcomes
- Advises you on business valuation and the most advantageous time to sell
- Provides advice on tax efficiency and possible methods for reducing tax payable upon sale
- Provides a structured plan towards retirement or business sale that can help you achieve greater profits and efficiency straight away
- Helps you maximise sale proceeds by assisting you with the negotiation process
- Better prepares your business for an unexpected or urgent need to exit
Planning your exit strategy with Pretium Solutions can help you realise what you truly want to achieve from your business, and what you need to do to make it happen.
It’s never too early to think about the end – talk to us today.